Duncan is the living embodiment of The Optimum You.
He attentively puts into practice all the positive points he makes in this book.
He possesses a special range of skills and talents – all forged in a variety of demanding, challenging and
These include :
• 20 years active service in the Royal Marines Commandos, including a 2 year secondment to the elite Force Recon unit of the United States Marine Corps (their equivalent of the SEALS), appointment as an Equerry to HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and command of the unique Royal Marines Officers Training school.
• Using his entrepreneurial, commercial acumen and academic abilities to successfully establish companies in
three different sectors – shipping, financial services and global strategic consultancy.
• He was a founding partner in the shipping container company Textainer, a Director of the Debenhams UK
HomeCentre firm and a Director of a subsidiary of the Merchant Bank Mercantile House, before establishing
Christie-Miller Ltd – a training and development consultancy with the headline 'Creating the Future'. In 2020 he established Working From Home Pro Ltd, specialising in assisting firms and individuals to maximise their
productivity and competence in remote working.
• Creating and writing the definitive leadership, team and individual development concept ‘Integrated Intelligence’ aimed at Creating the Future for his clients throughout the world. He is the author of the books "Integrated Intelligence" and "Work Style Preference Indicator".
• Successfully creating a new life for his family after the death of his wife from cancer aged 47.
• Maintaining the highest levels of personal fitness and health – epitomised by him taking on the challenge of two successive marathons in the Moroccan desert in 2019, in order to raise a significant sum of money for Parkinson’s UK.
Duncan has a special gift for making and keeping friends, empathy with people from all walks of life and backgrounds and using his wisdom to help others.
He is quietly proud of his family, his creativity and his continuing curiosity about life and all it has to offer. He hopes this book will change your life.